All foreigners are now banned from entering the country effective March 22, 2020 following the memorandum circular issued by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) amid the continuing threat of the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in the country.
Following the ban, DFA also suspended all issuances of visa-free privileges to all foreign nationals, while all those that were previously issued were cancelled.
This was disclosed by Governor Gwendolyn Garcia in response to inquiries on the entry of foreign nationals in the province.
Under Foreign Service Circular 29-2020, visas that were not suspended are from foreign government and international organizations accredited to the Philippines and foreign spouse and children of Filipino nationals.
“Mao nang by March 22 banned na sila. Wala nay nangabot nato,” Garcia told media on Monday, March 23.
“What we will allow is the entry of returning Filipinos, overseas Filipino workers, and those with permanent status (resident visas),” the governor said.
Arriving Filipinos from other countries will be subjected to the 14-day mandatory quarantine.
If Cebu residents, they will be quarantined in hotels at their own expense while residents will be sent for home quarantine. (Vanessa L. Almeda)