IMG +63 (032) 888-2328 IMG cebugov.pio@gmail.com
IMG-LOGO
GOV DEBUNKS RUMORS: ‘I REMAIN COVID-FREE’
By: Mylen Manto | Published Tuesday, July 21, 2020
In her July 20 virtual presser, Gov. Gwen Garcia assures Cebuanos that she is not confined in a hospital because of Covid-19, contrary to the fake reports that were circulating. (Lito Tecson)

Cebu Governor Gwendolyn Garcia debunked rumors that she was admitted at a hospital for Covid-19.

In her press conference on Monday, July 20, at Café Alfonso in Barili town with Barili Mayor Marlon Garcia, she reiterated that she remains Covid-19 free.

“Ania ako karon sa maanindot kaayo nga lungsod og malambuon kaayo nga lungsod sa Barili. Wa ko sud sa hospital ha, kay naa may mga malisyuso pud kaayo nga nag-spread og rumors nga kuno na hospital nako tungod sa Covid,” she said.

Garcia went live on Facebook to give assurance to the Cebuanos that she is not confined in a hospital because of Covid-19, contrary to the fake reports that were circulating.

To prove that the virtual presser aired live on the official Facebook pages of Sugbo News and the Cebu Provincial Government is not pre-recorded, Garcia read the headlines of the July 20 issues of The Freeman and Sunstar Cebu local newspapers as well as that of the national newspaper The Philippine Star.

“Amo gisuwayan og trace (who spread fake news), unya nakahibaw nami asa nagsugod. Sadly, nagtuo ka nga professionals unta pero mao naman hinuon nagsugod-sugod ani nga istoryaha,” she said.

“Pagsuta kun tinuod ba na ilang gipakatap nga nahospital, sayon raman kaayo mutan-aw lang mo sa Sugbo News kay kada adlaw mi cover na sa akong activities,” the governor stressed.

In last week alone, the governor was in three successive meetings in Oslob, Moalboal, Badian, Alegria, and Daanbantayan towns with local officials and tourism stakeholders to discuss the guidelines for the reopening of Cebu Province’s tourism industry.

When asked by local media, Garcia said she won’t file cases against those who spread the rumors because of the long process, but will definitely pray for them.

“Ako nalang i-ampo nga di mo gabaan. Kay naa bitaw gitawag nga the law of the universe kun unsay imung gipagawas mao say mubalik nimo. Busa kamo nga nagsige og pakatap niini nga maong balita nga na-hospital nako, nga na-Covid nako, i-ampo tamo nga dili na mahisumbalik ninyo, nga dili kamo hinuon ang ma-hospital, unya ma-Covid, unya i-ampo ta gyud mo nga dili unta mo gabaan,” she said. 

“So, sorry ha, wa matuman inyong pangandoy. Dia pako dako pa kaayo kong buhi, kaluoy sa Diyos kay duna pa koy daghan nga buhaton. Gisangunan pako sa pagpabalik sa ekonomiya niining atong Probinsya sa Sugbo nga hilabihan gyud kaguba, daghan kaayo ang nawad-an og trabaho, mga negosyo nasara tungod niining atong mga protocols, lockdown, kwarantina,” Garcia added. (Mylen Manto)